About Me

Monday, March 19, 2012

Sticking to My Goals

In my last post I blogged about how I have been suffering from burnout as a result of being overworked. I identified five simple things that I wanted to do over the weekend to try to take my mind off of work so that I can unwind and heal. I'm desperate to get my mojo back. The five goals were:

  • Take a nap each day and get at least 8 hours of sleep each night.
  • Go to the gym if I wasn't feeling sick or take a walk if it wasn't raining.
  • Watch a silly movie on television.
  • Read a book for fun.
  • Talk on the phone to a friend that I haven't spoken with in a while. 
Unfortunately I didn't necessarily complete all of my goals, but I feel that I did make some progress towards meeting some. This is my progress:
  •  Each day I tried to have 8 hours of sleep, but I maybe slept for about six or seven hours. I didn't take a nap. 
  • I didn't go to the gym or walking. 
  • I watched a movie on television called "Young Adult". I didn't care for it much. But I also watched a television show that I like called "In Plain Site" and another called "The Good Wife". 
  • On Saturday I went to urgent care to get some treatment for a cold. I didn't necessarily read a book for fun, but I took a book with me to read in the waiting room. Perhaps I will dedicate at least 30 minutes tonight to read. What happened to those days when I used to be able to read for hours?
  • I did call a friend that I haven't spoken to in a while, but she wasn't home. However, I picked up another friend for lunch yesterday and then we drove around town in the rain and looked at houses for sale. It was so fun and I can't wait to do it again!
I feel like I want to add more goals, but something tells in me inside that I need to try to stick to the goals that I set and work towards meeting them over the rest of the week. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...