About Me

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

April Challenge: Blogging from A-Z

Yesterday I found a blog online called Blogging from A-Z that has an April blogging challenge that I am really excited about. For the past couple of years I have been blogging professionally and I just recently started this blog so that I can blog about personal issues. It seems like both professionally and personally I have been suffering from writer's block since maybe September or so, and I definitely need a little inspiration.

From what I gather so far, blogs who choose to participate in the challenge are all linked together on a list. Starting on April 1st, everyone who is participating will begin to blog about topics that are associated with letters of the alphabet-for example, on day one-April 1st-bloggers should all blog about something that is associated with the letter A. All bloggers on the list then visit a number of blogs that are on the list next to their blog and leave comments. It seems like a fun way to encourage one another's writing as well as find some great blogs to read.

I've been wracking my brain all day to think of my first topic. It's so funny that I can immediately think of a topic for my professional blog, which would be "Affective Filter", a second language acquisition theoretical term. But being so work-centered is the reason that I've burned myself out in the first place and so I'm really trying to keep it to personal topics, or maybe professional topics that can be twisted around to my personal life.

I am really excited about this blogging challenge! My professional blogs have a community already established and so once I started this person blog, it made me a little sad because I feel like I don't have a community. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, reading new blogs, and finding a new community that doesn't necessarily revolve around my professional life.

If you are interested in participating in the blogging challenge, or want additional information, you can find more info here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...