About Me

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Giving "Weight Watchers" a Try

the weigh-in

Today I joined Weight Watchers online. I also joined it about seven years ago, and honestly it didn't help me much at the time, but I'm willing to try to give it another try. One thing that I like about it is that it will automatically adjust how many points I am able to eat each day as my weight changes. One thing that I don't like about it is counting all of those points though.

I'm going to try to use the points, but I have a feeling that I will use the online system more to read the weight loss blogs, to track my weight, and to also find healthy meals that fit into my point numbers. I really liked that they have suggestions for week one and beyond for meals to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. However, the same meal plans also overwhelmed me, because I'm not accustomed to planning out my meals and I'm also not a very good cook.

The first thing that I am going to commit to is to read the sample meal plans and to make a grocery shopping list for this weekend. Initially I was overwhelmed with all of the options for each day, but later I decided that instead of having seven different options that I will just start with two different breakfasts, lunches and dinners for next week that I will eat multiple times. Once I feel comfortable with those meals then I will add more to give more variety to my meals.

I've decided that every Wednesday I am going to start something on my blog called "Weigh In Wednesday" where I am going to weigh myself every Wednesday and post my weight on my blog. It will give me accountability to report my weight to someone. Maybe you can also weigh yourself on Wednesday too, if you are also trying to lose weight-so we can support one another on our journey!

In a way I feel sort of like a fraud, having said all of these same things over the past ten years that I have been overweight. I feel like I am just going to fail again. I feel overwhelmed with all of the new healthy habits that I have to acquire. I always have great plans and action steps that I plan out, but I am inconsistent on my follow through. But this time I'm going to try my best to keep my commitments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...